шаблоны joomla


Foreign Investors

If you are a foreign person, that is any person who is not an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent resident in Australia, you will require approval of the Australian government to purchase property in Australia.

The Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) is the government body that regulates the purchase of Australian property by foreign persons, to which all applications must be submitted.

A foreign person is not legally able to buy property or enter into a contract to buy property in Australia unless the FIRB has approved the purchase, or unless the contract is conditional on the FIRB approving the purchase.

There are some exemptions from having to obtain the FIRB approval, for example, if you are buying a residential property with your spouse who is an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident in Australia you may not have to obtain FIRB approval.

For more information about the FIRB or to download an application form, click here

Click here to read our newsletter on foreign investors

Joomla inotur